When you are Involved with Adventure Development you are entitled to certain rights. These include the rights to:
- To be treated with respect at all times
- The right to confidentiality
- The right to receive advocacy and support from your counsellor
- The right to see and correct any information about yourself from sessions you have been part of
- The right to withdraw from the services and come back without any hassles
- The right to complain. If you are unhappy about any aspect of your counselling you can talk or complain in writing, to: Your counsellor, The Adventure Development Area Co-ordinator, or The Programme Director. If you feel uncomfortable doing this on your own you can bring a support person to assist you. You can also have the help of an independent Health and Disability Advocate (0800 11 22 33).
These rights will be fully explained to you by your counsellor during your first meeting, however if at any time you would like them clarified ask your counsellor to go over them with you. These rights are adapted from the law, a full copy of the Code is available from your counsellor.
We appreciate your thoughts:
This site is owned and run by Adventure Development LTD, an NGO working to improve the lives of young people and whanau in New Zealand. Copyright ©Adventure Development LTD, 2015.
This website may provide links to other websites. Adventure Development LTD is not responsible for the currency or accuracy of content on such websites and the inclusion of such links does not imply endorsement by Adventure Development LTD of the linked website or its provider.
While every care has been taken in the preparation of the information contained in this website, users are reminded that Adventure Development LTD cannot accept any legal liability for any errors or omissions or damages resulting from reliance on the information contained in this website.
This privacy notice applies to personal information collected on Adventure Development's website: adventuredevelopment.co.nz. We do not use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the site except as set out in this policy:
Referral forms: You may choose to disclose personal information via our online referral form. This information is emailed to a manager at the relevant Adventure Development office and may be viewed by admin staff or other staff members. You may also choose to download a .pdf version of our referral form and email or post this to us. This information will be used to make contact with you and to work out if our service is right for you.
This information will not be shared unless required by law or there is concern for your safety or the safety of others.
We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the Site. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on our Site and the links you clicked on;
- the date and time you visited the site;
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this Site;
- your operating system (e.g., Windows XP, Mac OS X);
- the type of web browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox); and
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by Site administrators.